Safe Transport of Infectious Substances (Digital Copy)
This Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) approved course authorises those who pack, mark and label dangerous goods for shipment by air to ship both within Australia and overseas. Shippers of infectious substances, biological substances, dry ice and associated items, will learn to interpret and apply the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations to all air shipments. Good knowledge of these Regulations and an understanding of the concepts behind them will ensure the safety of all who travel and that your shipments are transported with ease.
This course will help you apply the identification, classification, packaging, marking, labelling and documentation requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations with regard to those items you ship and understand the requirements set down by local authorities and air operators.
Upon completion of your assessment Certificates of Currency (valid for 2 years) and personalised feedback are issued.
If either you or your staff pack, or supervise an individual who packs, dangerous goods for transport by air (including enclosing the goods in packaging, marking or labelling the consignment or preparing a shipper’s declaration) then you are required by both the International Air Transport Authority (IATA) and Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to ensure that both you and your staff receive dangerous goods training on an approved course.
Courses are issued in 2 formats. Your organisation can elect to either standardise the format for all employees or simply list the format required when placing your order. Formats available:
- Via E-mail – Includes a workbook in PDF format and review questions in word format.
- Hard copy full colour bound workbook (approx. 100 page and the review questions (course assessment).
The workbook will guide you to answer a series of questions at the end of each section. The review questions are open book and you are prompted to complete the sections of your assessment as you read through the workbook. It takes approximately 6-7 hours to complete the correspondence course. Whilst doing the course, if you have any queries, you can contact us by email or phone and your Facilitator will guide you through yours query. The correspondence course includes:
- The full colour Course Workbook and set of Review Questions;
- Facilitator assistance whilst completing the course including free Webinar access;
- Certificate of Approval upon completion of the course plus a Feedback Sheet on the answers to the Review Questions;
- Updates and changes made to the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations during your 2 year currency; and
- Notification for renewal tarting approx. 3 months prior to the expiry of the certificate.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.